Two weeks into one post, I’m all about consolidation.
1. I went to dinner with my girl friends out to Sawadee. Yes, we had the mangoes and sticky rice.
Sometimes we hold roses, no big deal.
I loved it. Kristina’s getting married, Whitney has a one-year-old, and me and Whit…have nothing to contribute to the milestones just yet.
2. Zach and I went to see Money Ball with Bradly Pitt. The movie was good, and Mr. Pitt made 40-something look good. The man is still hot, after all these years!
3. We experimented with two different recipes:
Pumpkin spread for our cinnamon raisin bagels, which is delicious and healthy. (Zach didn’t try it, but I LOVE it…and it makes me feel fall-ish).
Lemon, garlic, and olive oil angel hair pasta. Zach actually likes this one, but I haven’t told him how healthy it is…so that’s probably why.
4. First, let me ask…not to judge me? Everyone told me not to read this book because it was “dark” and “depressing”. It made me want to read it even more, especially when they announced the movie coming out in December. I finished the “Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” in just over two days.
I really liked it. It is really dark, and I did have to take breaks in a horrific detailed scene, but there is a reason these books are Worldwide Best Sellers. So with that confession over with, I am on book #2 – The Girl Who Played With Fire. I’ve only put a small dent into it so far, but it looks promising.
5. Along with my mystery/murder/horror novels, I picked up my copy of the Design*Sponge @ Home book. If you follow the Design*Sponge Blog, you would be delighted to know that the book lived up to hype. Besides, a little help from Jonathan Alder goes a long way.
6. Friday night, I went out with the girls again on Zach’s side of the family for dinner and some shopping at Gardner Village.
Gina’s nursing sweet Charlie, so don’t judge her when she decided to “double fork” the pumpkin square and carrot cake. Look, you can even see the nursing apron thing she has on, I call it a Boob Guard, but I am sure there is a proper name for it.
7. Speaking of boobs, I enlisted Zach’s help in changing the light fixture in our bedroom.
It went from Ta-Ta to Voilà! I do not miss the Boob. (You can obviously tell how long it took us to wire due to the lack of natural light in the second photo.)
8. We attended the Utah Football game. Yes, Zach should have been at Priesthood Session, but when you’ve already purchased the tickets…you feel less guilty about not going to Priesthood Session. Geez, this post is full of confessions. It had a horrible outcome, but it was great weather and fun to see friends and visitors from Memphis! We decided after the game to get some cheese fries and dessert and eat our feelings together as a family. After stuffing our faces and drowning our sorrows in greasy food, we set off to the grocery store to buy items for our feast! Zach’s been wanting me to make his favorite chicken dinner for a while, so I gave in an agreed to do it for family night on Monday. Zach was definitely down after the depressing loss, but we did manage to get our dance on.
Dance when you feel like crying, right?
9. We enjoyed General Conference. My personal favorites were President Eyring, President Monson (obviously), and whoever the General Relief Society President is…? Loved her talk about fathers raising their daughters. It was a tear jerker, and I had to text my Dad immediately. After the last session we went to the Fotheringham’s to enjoy some roast and twice baked potatoes.
We are excited for the month of October. We have a lot of fun plans and we’re going to have a big kick-off this weekend: Zach and I are going to experiment being more granola and are going to camp out this weekend. We have not gone camping ONCE since we’ve known each other for these 4 years. (Lake Powell doesn’t count because you are on a boat.) We are nervous and excited. But a little more nervous.